Park Cities Historic & Preservation Society Meeting at University Park City Hall
by Sharon Adams
Wed, Oct 28, 2009, 11:09 am
The Park Cities Historic and Preservation Society had their first member meeting at the newly remodeled University ParkCity Hall.Bob Livingston, City Manager of University Park outlined how the needs of University Park have changed since the City Hall building was built in 1924.He discussed the efforts to maintain the Governor’s Palace at Colonial Williamsburg style of architecture which was incorporated into the building in 1955.Moldings in the new section of the building were matched to the original and the stairwell was restored.Of particular fun was his outline of the rework of the cupola which is now lit at night.The group was treated to an extensive tour of the new facility from the holding facility to the dorm rooms of the fire department.
The Park Cities Historic and Preservation Society is a member organization of approximately 300 households. Membership forms and further information are available at or by telephoning (214) 528-0021.
In a courtesy photo above are David Wright and Sandra Cude, Park Cities Historic and Preservation Society President